1. Look for positive qualities in other people. It’s far easier to see someone’s faults before seeing their goodness. Challenge yourself to look only for a person’s good qualities.
2. Be aware of your own finest qualities and project these qualities to the world. This contributes to your self-awareness and increases your self-esteem.
3. Exercise compassion toward everyone, including yourself. Negative energy obsesses about unattainable goals. However, positive energy allows us to realize when we’re doing the best we can.
4. Value others’ opinions. Positive energy is open-minded. Listen to all points of view and do your best to understand them, regardless of how different from your own they are.
Trying to change someone’s mind is usually futile, so, even if you’re right, save your energy, understand their opinion, and move on.
5. Refrain from judging. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Negative energy is critical in judging others and loves finding fault. Judging produces negative energy and attracts more of the same back to you.
6. Be honest. Express your true self in thoughts, words, and actions.
7. Don’t be afraid to admit to having occasional negative thoughts and emotions. We’re all human, and negative thoughts are a part of human nature. The key is not to dwell on them.
8. Celebrate the success and happiness of others. Negative energy is jealous, but positive people are thrilled when others succeed. Use someone else’s success as a motivator to make you a better person.
9. Balance fulfillment and serving others. If you spend your life trying to please others, you may find yourself ignoring your own needs. Positive energy is balanced.
10. Persevere in spite of fear or defeat. We all experience defeat and disappointment! Rather than bemoaning a setback, use it as a chance to learn something new and prepare for your next challenge.
11. Follow your dreams and desires. Embrace your joy every step of the way as you achieve your goals.
People with positive energy approach the world with an open heart and a sense of humor. They refuse to be colored by cynicism and bitterness. They strive to see the best in the world around them, revel in the success of others, and diligently pursue their own goals.